File a DBA – Get a EIN or Federal Tax ID

November 20, 2016 by is the leading Federal Tax ID – EIN filing service. Our unique and efficient process will save you time, money and effort. We help you to…

Complete your Federal Tax ID/EIN Application form Accurately.

File your Federal Tax ID – EIN | Click to get started!

Visit LegalShield Today!

We will walk you through the Federal Tax ID – EIN application process and confirm everything is correct, so you satisfy the IRS’s strict EIN filing requirements.

Below is a sample image of the SS4 Form:
Form SS4 - EIN Tax ID

What is a Federal Tax ID or EIN-TIN (Employer Identification Number)?
A Federal Tax ID, also known as an Employer Identification Number (EIN) or a Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN), is an identification number assigned to your business by the IRS designed to identify your business to federal agencies. Similar to how a SSN is issued to an individual, a Fed Tax ID or EIN is issued to a business.

Do I need a Federal Tax ID or EIN?
All legal businesses need a Federal Tax ID or EIN to operate, the criteria is as follows: employee(s); operates as a corporation or partnership; files an employment, excise or Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms tax return. So, basically if a business has any employees or pays any taxes, it needs a Federal Tax ID (simple – huh!).

Why you need a Federal Tax ID or EIN?
You will need a Federal Tax ID/EIN in order to open a bank account, apply for credit, fill out W-9 forms for clients, and file your tax return. Even if you don’t need one, most business advisers recommend you get one and use it instead of your SSN.

Ready to file your Federal Tax ID/EIN? Click here to get started!


Feel free to leave a comment...